Orthodontics is a family tradition for Dr. Stephen McKenna, who joined the family practice in 1990 after completing his study at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, one of the finest dental schools in the country. Specializing in pediatrics during his residency at New England Medical Center, he continues to bring smiles to generations of children.
Dr. McKenna spent his childhood watching his parents enjoy doing what they loved: his father chose orthodontics as his profession while his mother immersed herself in art. Their choices, their passions, consumed him, too. His philosophy about orthodontics is centered on the combination of art, healing, and science and his ability to enhance the lives of others.
An esteemed orthodontic professional, his colleagues who have nominated him for numerous awards, hold him in high regard. Dr. McKenna has held numerous positions on the boards of several dental professional associations.
Dr. McKenna's passion ranges from art, science, and education as represented in the meticulous care and service of his patients, the Feeding Hills office that he co-designed, and the clarity of orthodontic information on this website.
- American College of Dentists
- American Associations of Orthodontists
- Eastern Dental Insurance Company, Director
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Valley District Dental Society
- Yankee Dental Congress
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- 2007 Outstanding Dentist Award
- Northeast Chapter, Pierce Fauchard Academy
- Delegate, American Dental Association
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- New England Medical Center – Pediatric Dental Residency, 1987-1998
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine – Postgraduate Orthodontics Certificate, 1990
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine – Doctor of Medical Dentistry, 1987
- College of the Holy Cross – Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts. 1983
- McKenna Orthodontists, President
- Beacon Labs, President, 1984-2005
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, 1989-1990
- Tufts Family Clinic – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine